Site Settings: Org Details
In the main menu on the left side of the Admin CMS, click on "Site Settings."
In the Site Settings, you will see a menu for all of the available settings to get your site set up. Click on "Org Details" at the top of the page.
Basics – Where we set up the basic details about your parish.
Org Details – Where we manage parish locations, contact details, social media, email settings, and other items (see below).
Site Content - Where we choose how the footer and contact page display, editing parish office hours, and update Mass, Adoration and Confession times.
Donations – Where we connect your Stripe payment account with your Tilma parish site.
Best Practices – This is the series of onboarding pages to help guide you in how to choose engaging photos, publish articles for Resources, and how to set up Ministry pages.
You can set and manage all of your parish's locations by clicking on these links. This will direct you to the "Locations" tool (See Intro to Locations for more information). You can add locations such as each parish location (especially if you have more than one), or other places like the parish office, the rectory or a meeting/community room if they have a different street address than the parish hall.
Enter the parish's primary email address, as well as the phone number. You can also add a secondary phone number and the label for that, such as a rectory phone number or a fax line.
You can also paste in the URL from your parish's location on Google Maps.
Social Media Settings
Enter your Social Media account URLs here. You can add:
OpenGraph & Meta Descriptions
The OpenGraph Description and Meta Description are very important for social media and search engines. These descriptions will display in Google search results and when people share your parish URLs on social media.
You should write a concise, one-sentence description about your parish that includes the name of the parish, the neighborhood and/or city where it’s located and a little about the "personality" of your parish. You can use the same sentence for both description fields.
If you have a permanent livestream link, you can enter that here and this will display that link on the Tilma Mass Finder (where applicable)
Email Sender Settings
- Sending Email Address – this is the email address you want any system and newsletter emails to "appear" to come from. Typically, this is your parish email address, but can be whatever address you choose.
- Domain Verification – without domain verification with the Tilma platform's email service provider, emails will be sent from [email protected] but "appear" to come from your parish email. If you want your emails to actually be sent via your parish email, then you need to contact Glass Canvas support for assistance.
- Enable welcome emails – These are the system emails that new accounts receive upon signing up. It's recommended this stay checked to comply with anti-SPAM regulations.
Membership & Feed Settings
For most parishes, the default settings in this section are best.
- Custom Membership Fields – you can create additional data collection fields for each Parishioner's account
- Allow Parish Registration Online – by checking this box, you can offer the option to use the Parishioner Account creation to also complete Parish Registration.
Start with all resources on your site feed by default
- Checking this box will automatically publish all content available in the Tilma Content Library. Parishes have the option to remove any articles as they see fit.
- Unchecking this box will leave all content available in the Tilma Content Library available to be browsed and added as a parish sees fit.
- See Adding or Removing Articles from your Parish Site for info.
Show all diocesan promoted events by default
- Checking this box will automatically publish all diocesan-wide events published by the diocese. Parishes have the option to remove any articles as they see fit.
- Unchecking this box will leave all diocese-wide events published by the diocese as available to be browsed and added as a parish sees fit.
- See What Are Events and Adding or Removing External Events from your Parish Site for more info.
Show all neighboring events by default
- Checking this box enables all events set to be shared by one of your "neighboring" parishes to appear on your Events page.
- Unchecking this box will leave all shared events from a "neighboring" parish as available to be browsed and added as a parish sees fit.
- For more about Neighboring parishes, see Site Settings: Basics and Adding or Removing External Events from your Parish Site
In this section, you are also able to enter the Google Analytics Tracking ID. If you have already created a Google Analytics account, you can just enter the ID in the first field. Or, you can create a new account for free and enter the account ID here.
You can also enter a Google Tag Manager ID in the second field. Google Tag Manager enables you simply and easily embed the codes for 3rd party tools into your site's code without having to have access to the HTML or any other code.
Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.