Create a Campaign
NOTE: Your Online Giving must be enabled to use the Campaigns tool
Creating a Campaign
- Click on "Campaigns" on your admin side menu
- Click on the "New" button on the top right corner
Add Campaign Details
- Title & Image: Enter a campaign title and upload a featured image (should be at least 1,200 pixels wide)
- View Option: Choose one of the three options for campaign style
- Banner only (sample screenshot below)
- Banner and page (sample screenshot below)
- No banner or page
- Brief: Type a brief description of the campaign - this will display on your Giving page
- Website (optional): If you want the buttons on the Giving page to link out to an external website, enter the URL here
- Credit Card Statement Text: This is the text that will appear on a donor's credit card statement. Enter in a very SHORT description or abbreviation of the campaign. This will be appended to your parish's name on.
For example, if you enter BLDG FUND in the credit card statement text field, then the text on a donor's statement will be:
ST. DEMOS-BLDG FUND
Sample screenshot of "Banner only" with the Campaign title and brief description.
Banner and page
Sample screenshot of "Banner and page" with the Campaign title, brief description, and campaign page button
If you have chosen the "Banner and page" View Option, then you will need to add content to the "page" part of your Campaign.
In the Editor panel, you can add content to the page body just like when you are creating or editing Pages, Emails, Ministries, Announcements, Events, Schools, or Resources. (See Intro to Content Editing for more about editing or adding content.)
This is where you can add your text description for the Campaign, along with any other images or videos that will help compel parishioners to give to the campaign.
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is important to actually have real text in the body of the Campaign page, as that makes the content able to be on search engines such as Google or on other diocese sites. Just inserting an image with text on it, such as a page of a flyer, make it much more difficult for people to read and they cannot use search to find your valuable information.
Don't forget to save and publish your Campaign once you're done!
Your Campaign pages
You will find your Campaign under the "Giving" page on your main menu, and donors will have the option to choose which Campaign they would like to give to. "Give to: Weekly Mass Offering" is the parish's regular weekly giving, and your Campaigns will be one of the options in a drop-down menu (see below).
If you selected the "Banner and page" view option, you will find a "View Our Impact" button which will take donors to the Campaign page you created.